How do i get rid of a white slim in my fish tank?

I have a 80 galloon tank thats holding 3 koi, 1 arowana and 1 sucker fish.I havent got the tank for more than 1 weeks and i notice a white slim in the tank.I already changed 25% of the water. Im currently using amquel and novaqual.Do anybody know what…

I have a 80 galloon tank thats holding 3 koi, 1 arowana and 1 sucker fish.I havent got the tank for more than 1 weeks and i notice a white slim in the tank.I already changed 25% of the water. Im currently using amquel and novaqual.Do anybody know what…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do i get rid of a white slim in my fish tank?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i get rid of a white slim in my fish tank?

How do i get rid of a white slim in my fish tank? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 80 galloon tank thats holding 3 koi, 1 arowana and 1 sucker fish.I havent got the tank for more than 1 weeks and i notice a white slim in the tank.I already changed 25% of the water. Im currently using amquel and novaqual.Do anybody know what the problem and solution is? P.S my one of my Koi seems to be paralize on his left side. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

How do i get rid of a white slim in my fish tank? Other Pet Discussions
    • The white slime is the new bacteria that is forming. It will go away with time. I would wait a week or 2 before doing another water change otherwise you will just be removing the bacteria. This is called "New Tank Syndrome" Just give it some time and it should rememdy itself.