What do you use to control bugs around pet rodents?

The only thing I've found recently that's decent enough is one of those pulsating plug in devices. I have a lot of sensitive animals in my home that can't be near chemicals and sticky traps, and I'm especially worried about my rats and hamster. When I…

The only thing I've found recently that's decent enough is one of those pulsating plug in devices. I have a lot of sensitive animals in my home that can't be near chemicals and sticky traps, and I'm especially worried about my rats and hamster. When I…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do you use to control bugs around pet rodents?...

• What do you use to control bugs around pet rodents?

What do you use to control bugs around pet rodents? General Dog Discussions
      The only thing I've found recently that's decent enough is one of those pulsating plug in devices. I have a lot of sensitive animals in my home that can't be near chemicals and sticky traps, and I'm especially worried about my rats and hamster. When I use sprays, my dog tends to lick it off the floor, landing her a ticket to the veterinarian. Any pellets and sticky traps, my cats tend to mess with, ending them with a ticket to the vet as well.Any ideas? I especially have spiders and mystery pop-up bugs.

What do you use to control bugs around pet rodents? General Dog Discussions
    • Clean the house more often and don't leave windows & doors open for extended periods of time. Windows is a hard one if you need to stay cool but check all the window screens to make sure they're in good shape & fit properly so bugs can't sneak past them.Especially clean rodent cages often. Once a week at LEAST. 2-3 times is ideal. Once a day sounds crazy but it assures total sanitation and your rodents will LOVE you.