how much is dog licence in bayarea?

i have two dogs, both nuetred!...how much does a license cost ?i am in the vallejo area...and is it neccary to have one?vallejo area is by benicia, farfield,oakalnd its around these places!

i have two dogs, both nuetred!...how much does a license cost ?i am in the vallejo area...and is it neccary to have one?vallejo area is by benicia, farfield,oakalnd its around these places!...
    General Dog Discussions : how much is dog licence in bayarea?...

• how much is dog licence in bayarea?

how much is dog licence in bayarea? General Dog Discussions
      i have two dogs, both nuetred!...how much does a license cost ?i am in the vallejo area...and is it neccary to have one?vallejo area is by benicia, farfield,oakalnd its around these places!

how much is dog licence in bayarea? General Dog Discussions
    • How's this?EDIT:"State of California law requires that all dogs over the age of 4 months must have a current rabies vaccination and license. Rabies is a serious and deadly disease. All dogs must be vaccinated against rabies before a license may be issued. You may obtain a license only for the period the vaccination is current. Your vet will give you a copy of the rabies certificate when your dog is vaccinated.All dogs must be microchipped too.Dogs Required to be Microchipped 6.04.050All dogs over 4 months of age must be microchipped All dogs 4 months of age and older must have a current rabies vaccination, an implanted microchip with the number registered with Oakland Animal Services, and a current license with Oakland Animal Services. Dogs that are licensed by January 1, 2006 are exempt from the microchip requirement for one year. All other dogs must be microchipped by January 1, 2006. Every stray dog that is brought to the Oakland Animal Shelter is scanned to look for a microchip. Dogs that have microchips can be easily reunited with their owners!All dogs four months and older MUST have a current license and be microchipped. Microchipping for $10 at the Shelter for Oakland Dog OwnersIf you are an Oakland resident, you can have your dog microchipped at the Shelter for $10. Just come on in when we are open, see our hours of operation. No appointment is necessary. Please bring a proper fitting muzzle if your dog is aggressive. How to License Your Dog in Oakland:You can license your dog by mail to Oakland Animal Services at 1101 29th Ave, Oakland, CA 94601 or in person at the same location between 12-4pm Friday, Saturday or Sunday, or 12-6pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 12-7pm Thursday.Please bring or mail the following to Oakland Animal Services to license your dog: • A current rabies certificate (required for all licenses) and your dog's microchip number; • A spay/neuter certificate to qualify for lower license fees: • Proof of your age, if you are over 60, to qualify for senior citizen fees-half the regular fees; and • The appropriate license fee (see below) as a check or money order payable to the "City of Oakland". The license fee for spayed/neutered dogs is: • $10.00 for one year (with proof of a current one year rabies vaccination) • $15.00 for two years (with proof of a current two year rabies vaccination); or • $25.00 for three years (with proof of a current three year rabies vaccination). The license fee for non-altered dogs is significantly higher:• $100 for one year (with proof of a current one year rabies vaccination) • $120.00 for two years (with proof of a current two year rabies vaccination); or • $150.00 for three years (with proof of a current three year rabies vaccination). The license fee for Potentially Dangerous Dogs (PDD) is $125.00/year.The license fee for Vicious Dogs is $200.00/year.Late fee is $30.00 every 30 days late.Transfer of ownership is $10.00.Replacement tags for all years is $10.00/tag ($2.00/tag for seniors).Licenses will not be issued for any period beyond the rabies expiration datePlease remember that you can be cited and fined for failure to have a current license for your dog. All citations must be cleared through the Alameda County Superior Court at 510-268-7600. Also, Oakland Municipal Code requires that all unlicensed dogs that are impounded into the shelter must be spayed / neutered before they are released."