I just had my dog fixed on Monday and I am concerned that he has a large lump above the incision?

It is noon here and the vet that fixed him is closed from 12-1 for lunch. I've never had a male dog before him, so I don't know if this is normal with a neuter or if I should be extremely concerned and take him straight to an animal emergency care…

I just had my dog fixed on Monday and I am concerned that he has a large lump above the incision?

It is noon here and the vet that fixed him is closed from 12-1 for lunch. I've never had a male dog before him, so I don't know if this is normal with a neuter or if I should be extremely concerned and take him straight to an animal emergency care…...
    General Dog Discussions : I just had my dog fixed on Monday and I am concerned that he has a large lump above the incision?...

• I just had my dog fixed on Monday and I am concerned that he has a large lump above the incision?

I just had my dog fixed on Monday and I am concerned that he has a large lump above the incision? General Dog Discussions
      It is noon here and the vet that fixed him is closed from 12-1 for lunch. I've never had a male dog before him, so I don't know if this is normal with a neuter or if I should be extremely concerned and take him straight to an animal emergency care hospital. Should I pack him up and go now, wait for my vets office (the ones who preformed the operation) to open back up, or is this normal and I'm just being a spaz?

I just had my dog fixed on Monday and I am concerned that he has a large lump above the incision? General Dog Discussions
    • Ha, your not being a spaz. I'd always rescued older dogs, so when I got my first pup and had it fixed, I was a spaz. The vet really had to tell me to stop calling every time the dog moved. That should be normal, I'm assuming you checked out the area when you got the dog back. Some swelling and a lump may develop. What you really have to be on the look out for is torn stitches or sever swelling, and while the dog may not be hungry or have to poop in the next 24 hours, he should have an apatite after that.If really nervous about anything CALL FIRST, as I was freaked out anytime my pup jumped a step or tried to lick the stitch or didn't poop for the next day or got wet because it rained and she walked in the wet grass to pee. And they got sick of me, I can only imagine if I was walking into the door all the time.Again, I believe they all get that bump, don't worry unless the dog seems to be in discomfit by it in the next day or two (though it may be bothered by the stitches, so good luck figuring out what its trying to lick at)