Where do they get dog plasma from?

I recently had my beautiful loving french mastiff pass away . When I was explaining to my friend that they gave her plasma he looked at me like I was making it up and asked where they got it from. I was sort of wondering the same thing. He started…

I recently had my beautiful loving french mastiff pass away . When I was explaining to my friend that they gave her plasma he looked at me like I was making it up and asked where they got it from. I was sort of wondering the same thing. He started…...
    General Dog Discussions : Where do they get dog plasma from?...

• Where do they get dog plasma from?

Where do they get dog plasma from? General Dog Discussions
      I recently had my beautiful loving french mastiff pass away . When I was explaining to my friend that they gave her plasma he looked at me like I was making it up and asked where they got it from. I was sort of wondering the same thing. He started asking if there were blood banks for dogs and all that . Just wanting to shut him up basically. Anyone have any clue as to how it's harvested/ received ?

Where do they get dog plasma from? General Dog Discussions
    • All vets will allow you to donate blood from your dog. It's a great way to give back to the loving dogs in this world who are sick. Someone was kind enough to do that for your dog. I am very sorry for your loss, I know that your dog was a part of the family and loosing him/ her is devastating. Get another dog soon, preferably from the pound, and donate blood every time you go to the vet. God Bless.

• Yea, there is actually a canine blood bank. This is a commercial operation that overnights blood from their stock of donor, mainly greyhounds since they are a universal donor. Large referral facilities sometimes own their own donor animals and collect blood only if they need it. Most small veterinary hospitals, however, have a doctor or technician who goes home, gets their own pet, sedates him, then uses his own pet's blood to give to yours. When people say their vet doesn't care, keep in mind they are willing to use their own loved ones to help cure yours.