Can my dog get an abortion? If so how much will it cost?

I have tiny Yorkie and she is pregnant I don't know when it happened. But I've been told that she is to small to have puppies. I am especially worried because I don't know what dog got her pregnant.

I have tiny Yorkie and she is pregnant I don't know when it happened. But I've been told that she is to small to have puppies. I am especially worried because I don't know what dog got her pregnant....
    General Dog Discussions : Can my dog get an abortion? If so how much will it cost?...

• Can my dog get an abortion? If so how much will it cost?

Can my dog get an abortion? If so how much will it cost? General Dog Discussions
      I have tiny Yorkie and she is pregnant I don't know when it happened. But I've been told that she is to small to have puppies. I am especially worried because I don't know what dog got her pregnant.

Can my dog get an abortion? If so how much will it cost? General Dog Discussions
    • I don't know if a dog can get an abortion but why don't you just let her go through the pregnancy and have her veterinarian deliver her puppies by C-Section.

• Depending on how far along she is, she can be spayed. Talk to your veterinarian about having her spayed now, so she won't have the pups. Your veterinarian can also tell you how much that would cost.

• It depends on how far along she is. I have a yorkie and she had here pups exactly 45 days after she got her freak on. We couldn't tell because she didn't show. Her stomach didn't really get big ! Let her have her pups then get her spayed. I'm sure Bob Barker would want that

• Why not have the puppies c section? why kill innocent animals? You can allways sell them but whatever you do DONT give them away because there are gangsters that do use innocent animals as bait dogs for thier pit bulls. By charging a fee you will be making a profit as well.

• Talk to your Vet. I had a German Shepherd Dog that I thought might have been bred and she got spayed (normal spay) about a week after she went out of heat.She was fine. There were no puppies.I think it's good you want to get her spayed for her health.A Vet will tell you whether you can do it or not or if there will be greater costs than a normal spay depending upon whether she has pups and how far along she is.

• Your vet can spay her, that way she won't have the pups and she won't get pregnant again, but take her right away since you don't know the daddy, those pups could get very big very soon.To all those that think its OK to let her have the pups by c- section, its not, it could kill her just to carry them. A Yorkie is a very small dog if she is pregnant by a beagle or larger her internal organs would be crowded with possible damage to her heart and lungs. You wouldn't have live pups, you wouldn't have a live mother, and you can't sell mixed breed dogs for what it would cost to have the poor little thing go through a c-section and nursing pups far larger than she was meant to nurse. Its far from a kindness.

• Just make an appointment to have her seen right away.The vet can then schedule spay surgery.The puppies will be removed along with the dog's reproductive organs and you won't have to worry about any more unwanted pregnancies or danger to your dog.Oh,and the puppies will be anesthetized along with the mother,and will simply "go to sleep" in the uterus and won't wake up.

• Call your vet. If you were told that she is too small to have puppies, then you should've had her spayed in the first place. If she gets an abortion, have her spayed ASAP so this won't happen again.

• The easiest way would be to get her spayed. Permanent solution to the problem. Barring that, depending on how far along she is, I know they used to use lutalyse....not sure what they use now. Anyway, that will cause the cervix to open and the uterus to dump. Thing is, it can also cause pyometra in some cases, and that is life threatening.

• How could you not know what dog? Where has she been? Call your vet. I was given a chihuahua once that weighed only 3.5 lbs; the people found her and their schnauzer got hooked up and they were scared. I thought it would be easy to go to the vet and get an abortion....nope, I contacted several and all said no abortion. They could spay her and take out any puppies at the same time.

• It's very dangerous for small dogs to deliver puppies naturally - because of their tiny size, they often get stuck pups, which can result in puppies dying and rotting inside their bodies. This is deadly. If you spay her now, the puppies will be aborted and she will be unable to get pregnant in the future. The abortion isn't as brutal as you might think - it is purely anesthesia and it's completely painless.If you do want to keep the puppies, I strongly suggest you see your vet about getting her a C-section. I would be very wary of letting your girl deliver naturally, because of her size, and because you have no idea how large the pups might be - she might even have problems carrying them. C-sections are risky, though, and often expensive.

• Yes she can have an abortion and since you don't know what dog got her tpregnant I would difinatly have it done since yokies are so small you can run into alot of problems including her death. I would contact your vet for information on the specifics.