Another dog played rough with my puppy pom. Could there be any damage done to his nerves or joints?

My 7 month old, 4 lbs pom was playing with a 12 lbs dog when he yelped and I got the other dog off of him. No blood or bite wounds, however, he struggled to roll off of his back and when he did he wouldn't take more than a step or two before just laying…

Another dog played rough with my puppy pom. Could there be any damage done to his nerves or joints?

My 7 month old, 4 lbs pom was playing with a 12 lbs dog when he yelped and I got the other dog off of him. No blood or bite wounds, however, he struggled to roll off of his back and when he did he wouldn't take more than a step or two before just laying…...
    General Dog Discussions : Another dog played rough with my puppy pom. Could there be any damage done to his nerves or joints?...

• Another dog played rough with my puppy pom. Could there be any damage done to his nerves or joints?

Another dog played rough with my puppy pom. Could there be any damage done to his nerves or joints? General Dog Discussions
      My 7 month old, 4 lbs pom was playing with a 12 lbs dog when he yelped and I got the other dog off of him. No blood or bite wounds, however, he struggled to roll off of his back and when he did he wouldn't take more than a step or two before just laying down or sitting. It has been over 24 hrs and he seems to be fine although he isn't as active as normal and sometimes it looks like his back legs will more sideways instead of straight forward... Could there be aby damage done to his nerves or joints? I physically felt his limbs and he didn't whimper or cry out and everything felt fine. I am just concerned that he still isn't fully active as he was.

Another dog played rough with my puppy pom. Could there be any damage done to his nerves or joints? General Dog Discussions
    • most likely just sore from the wrestling match with the other dog, but if you are concerned, you should take him to the vet. Any time there is a doubt, it is best to see a vet. If your child were acting 'off' after an injury, you would taking him/her to a pediatrician, correct? Well, the puppy is you child too :).Good luck

• it could also be a greenstick fracture somewhere. my little cavapoo fell off the couch and hurt her leg and limped on it for over a week, not broken..just soe,, kinda like a sprain. give it a couple days. im sure it will gt much better