My Golden Retriever has dry spots on his forelegs!!?

I have been trying to figure out why my Golden Retriever has very dry skin on his elbows of his forelegs. I'm really worried please HELP!!!

I have been trying to figure out why my Golden Retriever has very dry skin on his elbows of his forelegs. I'm really worried please HELP!!!...
    General Dog Discussions : My Golden Retriever has dry spots on his forelegs!!?...

• My Golden Retriever has dry spots on his forelegs!!?

My Golden Retriever has dry spots on his forelegs!!? General Dog Discussions
      I have been trying to figure out why my Golden Retriever has very dry skin on his elbows of his forelegs. I'm really worried please HELP!!!

My Golden Retriever has dry spots on his forelegs!!? General Dog Discussions
    • As you didn't give too many details, based on what you stated I would suspect that you need to look at his Diet. Are you using a high grade Kibble? Check the ingredients. If his kibble & biscuit treats have WHEAT in them, this could be contributing to the cause. Wheat is a high allergen ingredient and should be avoided. Dry skin, itching, hot spots, rashes, etc. are mostly allergy related. Don't purchase his food in the supermarkets as these are "junk food" types (no matter the advertising spins) and also use horrid "by products" (those not fit for human consumption go to the Dog Food Mfgs!!!). Good grade foods (at Pet SUPPLY stores) might be more expensive but this evens out in the reduced Vet Bill Fees. Do some research on the net (there's lots out here!) and compare the list of ingredients your current food has. An Educated Guardian makes for a Healthier Dog! Also try some healthy topical ointments to ease the dryness. Use organic non chemical ones in case he wants to lick! Good luck!!! Justine Blair Carroll Dog Trainer Saratoga Springs, NY http://web.mac.com/justineblaircarroll