Cat constant sneezing, yday the vet diagnoised cat flu but today he is very sick.?

My 5, nearly 6 year old neutered male cat had severe sneezing for over a fortnight, it was constant and he was sneezing up lots of green snot. I took him to the vet yesterday and he took his temperature and it was high so because of this and because the…

Cat constant sneezing, yday the vet diagnoised cat flu but today he is very sick.?

My 5, nearly 6 year old neutered male cat had severe sneezing for over a fortnight, it was constant and he was sneezing up lots of green snot. I took him to the vet yesterday and he took his temperature and it was high so because of this and because the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Cat constant sneezing, yday the vet diagnoised cat flu but today he is very sick.?...

• Cat constant sneezing, yday the vet diagnoised cat flu but today he is very sick.?

Cat constant sneezing, yday the vet diagnoised cat flu but today he is very sick.? General Dog Discussions
      My 5, nearly 6 year old neutered male cat had severe sneezing for over a fortnight, it was constant and he was sneezing up lots of green snot. I took him to the vet yesterday and he took his temperature and it was high so because of this and because the snot was green, he said it was cat flu. He gave him an injection in the back of the neck and then gave me baytril, and told me to give him half a tablet twice a day for three days starting this morning. So this morning I gave him one, and I am about to give him another one now as its night time here.The thing is, that today he is acting very sick. He's just sleeping, off his food and not in a good mood at all. I'm not happy with the way he is acting today. I understand he does have cat flu, and this is normal for that but its only today that he is acting strange after the vets when I was hoping there would be an improvement today.He got bit by a dog when he was 5 weeks old on his nose and needed stiches. When he was young due to this, he had constant sneezing which is why we weren't too worried at first. This went away around the time we neutered him. He has also have bad teeth problem and had to have several removed and he did have pneumonia too. Oh he is also an indoor only cat and all our other cats are fine.If he's the same tomorrow I think I will bring him back to the vet or to our other vet clinic to see what they think.Any help would be great.

Cat constant sneezing, yday the vet diagnoised cat flu but today he is very sick.? General Dog Discussions
    • The cat flu is caused by a virus for which there is NO effective treatment just as you cannot cure flu in a human. You have to wait for it to get better. The possible complications of cat flu are bacterial infections of the virus damaged nasal tissues., for which antibiotics may be prescribed. I think you should read up on cat flu so that you have a better idea about what to expect. The treatment your vet is giving will not produce instant results. Your cat may be sick for some weeks if he is unlucky.http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1959-2765/cat-flu.htmlTry this information for starters.

• He has to shake the virus, and if he is up to date with his FVRCP vaccine, that will help. The antibiotic was to ward off any secondary infection, such as pneumonia.When a cat cannot smell their food, they won't eat, and congestion suggests this might be happening. So you want to enhance the scent of the food, and one way is to add some baby food (no onions or garlic) to his food for the extra scent.Since he is on an antibiotic, if you can get him to eat some yogurt with active cultures, it will help restore the beneficial bacteria in his gut. Otherwise, he might get a touch of diarrhea. Not all cats do get diarrhea on an antibiotic, however.

• does he still have a fever? there are ear thermometers for cats. his behavior change could be a side effect of the medicine. i don't what was in the shot but for Baytril:Possible Side Effects May see lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, dilated pupils (in cats), and seizures in animals with central nervous system (CNS) disorders, such as epilepsy. May also see depression, dizziness, nervousness, or other behavior changes. If you observe any of these signs, contact your veterinarian.