Will this make my dog more prone to aggressiveness?

Sorry to keep asking questions! But my friend just said that feeding dogs "bloody" meat will make him more aggressive? I don't know if this is true, but my dog already has aggression issues towards other dogs, and i don't want to make it worse. It sounds…

Sorry to keep asking questions! But my friend just said that feeding dogs "bloody" meat will make him more aggressive? I don't know if this is true, but my dog already has aggression issues towards other dogs, and i don't want to make it worse. It sounds…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will this make my dog more prone to aggressiveness?...

• Will this make my dog more prone to aggressiveness?

Will this make my dog more prone to aggressiveness? General Dog Discussions
      Sorry to keep asking questions! But my friend just said that feeding dogs "bloody" meat will make him more aggressive? I don't know if this is true, but my dog already has aggression issues towards other dogs, and i don't want to make it worse. It sounds like a myth to me. But i know more about dog behaviour than dog health, so i'm not 100% sure

Will this make my dog more prone to aggressiveness? General Dog Discussions
    • NO, it's an old wives tale.I know several farmers who feed their working collies raw lamb and mutton, if it turned them into sheep killers, that would NOT be a smart career move on the farmers part.That is one of the oldest old wives tales in existance, and 100% bulls**t

• Lots of dogs are fed raw bloody meat , this does not make them aggressive. Yes it is a myth. Although you say that you know more about behaviour than health. I think that you should tell the answerers about your dogs aggression. Lets face it, some of us have had lots of experience and united we can help. Keep asking.

• No.Eating raw meat has zero effect on genetics as a dog is born with a predisposition to react warily/shy around dogs if that is a trigger stimulus or it is dog aggressive with a low tolerance to the presence of other dogs and in no stretch of the imagination could it be convincing put forward as an environmental factor that would negatively affect a genetic predisposition. Raw meat however bloody is food and that is all.

• What you feed your dog has nothing at all to do with his behavior. If your dog has issues with other dogs it isn't because he has been fed raw meat.Aggression to other dogs is usually due to lack of training. This article might help you learn how to cope with this;http://www.dogobedienceadvice.com/how_curb_canine_aggression.php