Will my dog "pass" a fish hook?

My dog somehow ingested a fishing hook, the vet found it on an xray yesterday and sent her home to "pass" it. She said she was passing it well so far and it was almost to her colon.I'm a big worry wart. Do you think she'll pass it ok?

My dog somehow ingested a fishing hook, the vet found it on an xray yesterday and sent her home to "pass" it. She said she was passing it well so far and it was almost to her colon.I'm a big worry wart. Do you think she'll pass it ok?...
    General Dog Discussions : Will my dog "pass" a fish hook?...

• Will my dog "pass" a fish hook?

Will my dog "pass" a fish hook? General Dog Discussions
      My dog somehow ingested a fishing hook, the vet found it on an xray yesterday and sent her home to "pass" it. She said she was passing it well so far and it was almost to her colon.I'm a big worry wart. Do you think she'll pass it ok?

Will my dog "pass" a fish hook? General Dog Discussions
    • Sometimes, fish hooks can be very dangerous in a body with their sharp end. Your vet is the expert here, and your lucky she told you it was passing. He's alright. But if you notice anything funny happening to him, take him into the vet ASAP.

• If the barb is still on there is a chance it could get caught and then you would be paying for surgery. Personally I would change vets and get her to another one ASAP.

• You can help the dog pass the hook more safely, by feeding canned asparagus (if the dog will eat it). It is very fibrous & will wrap around sharp stuff. OR you can soak cotton balls (about 10) in fish oil (like tuna oil) from the can, & feed those to the dog twice per day, before meals. This would have worked better had the vet bothered to instruct you to do this (as my vet did) closer to the time of ingestion.