My dog has been having trouble jumping on the couch or bed?

I own an australian silky terrier, he's 8 years old, he used to be able to always jump on a high bed or couch but lately he has trouble, he keeps making attempts to jump but can't, why?? I'm worried about him

I own an australian silky terrier, he's 8 years old, he used to be able to always jump on a high bed or couch but lately he has trouble, he keeps making attempts to jump but can't, why?? I'm worried about him...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has been having trouble jumping on the couch or bed?...

• My dog has been having trouble jumping on the couch or bed?

My dog has been having trouble jumping on the couch or bed? General Dog Discussions
      I own an australian silky terrier, he's 8 years old, he used to be able to always jump on a high bed or couch but lately he has trouble, he keeps making attempts to jump but can't, why?? I'm worried about him

My dog has been having trouble jumping on the couch or bed? General Dog Discussions
    • He is at a senior age now so maybe he is getting a little arthritis. You need to give him a joint supplement. Glucosamine and Chondroitin are the most common joint supplements. They even add it to many dogs foods. I have also heard from several people that Cosequin is a good brand to buy and you can get it at Walmart.I would also take him in for a vet visit just to be sure.

• hai you rbest friend dog pain in foot/joint go doctor orgive him this medicine dolos dt 500mg tab give him half tab two time and check you dog propally and dont give hime cold food when you give food alwals light hot you have any problem with your dog then call mee /in my home ihave 7 dog germanshepared or email mee bye friend

• I agree with the others. Make a vet trip. My girl was 12 when she stopped jumping on the bed. She was having problems going down the stairs too. I just attributed to old age. She all of a sudden went blind and next thing I knew she had diabetes. I wish I would have taken her in sooner. After we got her regulated she was back to jumping on my bed, but she never got her eyesight back.

• It sounds as if he may be in pain - back or possibly neck muscle pain. Please take to your vet and tell him what he is - or isn't doing. Dogs that suddenly have trouble jumping, moving or not wanting to walk up or down stairs have possibly pulled a muscle. There are medications that the vet can prescribe to help. If this is the problem he will start to feel better with medication but care is needed so he will not make it worse. Please see the vet sooner rather than later - he needs your help.