My friends dog is immune to most stuff dogs get sick from?

A family friend of mine has an 11 year old pomeranian yorkie mix that she has had since she was 5 months old and she has fed her chocolate, beer, mcdonalds and lots of other restaurant food, olroy dog food, milk and on a daily basis bacon and orange…

A family friend of mine has an 11 year old pomeranian yorkie mix that she has had since she was 5 months old and she has fed her chocolate, beer, mcdonalds and lots of other restaurant food, olroy dog food, milk and on a daily basis bacon and orange…...
    General Dog Discussions : My friends dog is immune to most stuff dogs get sick from?...

• My friends dog is immune to most stuff dogs get sick from?

My friends dog is immune to most stuff dogs get sick from? General Dog Discussions
      A family friend of mine has an 11 year old pomeranian yorkie mix that she has had since she was 5 months old and she has fed her chocolate, beer, mcdonalds and lots of other restaurant food, olroy dog food, milk and on a daily basis bacon and orange juice. How on earth is this dog still alive lol not only alive but healthy! Her vet is a wonderful vet and tells her she is healthy and completely fine! I know because I have gone with her a few times just to make sure! Since i feed my dogs blue i have been trying to tell her to stop with the beer and chocolate and slow down on the bacon because I have let my dogs take sips of soda pop before so I am trying not to be a hypocrite but chocolate? She dosnt give her dog a FULL beer she just gives her a few table spoons and then thats it but I try to tell her its toxic to the dog but she just tells me something like "I have been feeding her this all her life and shes just fine"Since she is 11 would she be to late to stop and change her diet? Im afraid if she changes the diet now it will kill her because her body is so used to the junk maybe but I dont know thats why im on here asking! Answers please and yes I know my friend is stupid for feeding her dog these things expecaly on a daily bases but just give me a few KIND things to tell her!

My friends dog is immune to most stuff dogs get sick from? General Dog Discussions
    • Unless the vet is doing any additional tests beyond checking weight and obvious signs (typical "checkup" stuff) there's no way she can tell the dog is 100% healthy and fine. It could very well come back to bite her in the @ss at some point.That said, until it does, if it does, there's not much you can do. In moderation, those things aren't ideal, but they're not totally lethal (depending on how much and WHAT it is) but they are certainly not good for growth or weight and could cause some health issues after awhile.I'm not perfect - my dogs have gotten french fries, chicken nuggets, leftovers, etc. (no beer as I don't like beer myself) but only what is not immediately toxic and only in moderation. Moderation is key.