What does "first set of shots" mean on animals?

I always see ads for puppies that say "have their first set of shots". How many sets are there? Could someone explain how shots and stuff work for puppies... like when a new puppy has to get them and all that. Thanks!about how much are those shots?…

I always see ads for puppies that say "have their first set of shots". How many sets are there? Could someone explain how shots and stuff work for puppies... like when a new puppy has to get them and all that. Thanks!about how much are those shots?…...
    General Dog Discussions : What does "first set of shots" mean on animals?...

• What does "first set of shots" mean on animals?

What does "first set of shots" mean on animals? General Dog Discussions
      I always see ads for puppies that say "have their first set of shots". How many sets are there? Could someone explain how shots and stuff work for puppies... like when a new puppy has to get them and all that. Thanks!about how much are those shots?

What does "first set of shots" mean on animals? General Dog Discussions
    • all cats and dogs get a first set of shots...thats the first shots they have had, which means they will need more shots their whole life to ensure proper health! the first year they usually get like 3 sets of shots!the first set usually starts at 6-8 weeks..i prefer to get mine done at 8 weeks

• a puppy gets his/her shots at the age of 6, 8, and 10 weeks of age. These shots help protect against different health problems from occurring such a parvovivirus, distemper, kennel cough, etc.Then your dog needs the same shot once a year to preventing things, as well as a rabies shot every or a three year rabies shot

• m"first set of shots means they've had their first vaccination against diseases, for dogs parvo, distemper and on occasion kennel cough which are all nasty and even lethalfor cats vacc is for feline aids, cat flu and other harmful diseases that cat lead to an unhealthy kittyCosts will vary from vet to vet and also on the size/wieght/ breed of the animal being treatedthe first vaccination should be done at 6 weeks of age then again 4 weeks later, some vets like to encourage a 3rd booster shot again another 4 weeks on then they require an annual booster shot to prevent any infection from happening later on down the trackNew puppies and kittens are not completely covered from vaccinations until 2weeks after the 2nd vaccination shot so therefore should be confined to your property otherwise going out in public they are still able to contract above mentioned diseasesPuppies and kittens should also be wormed at 2;4;6;8 and 12 weeks of age and every three months there after, flea treatments should also co inside with worming as the flea carries the worm infestation in the larval stage and re-infects your pet when they bite