What to do when an epileptic dog has a breakthrough?

My dog has grand mal seizures and takes pheno, what do i do when he has a breakthrough?? Help - he has had 5 seizures between last night and now. My vet just said to raise the dose am & pm, but what do i do in the meantime?he's only 2 - just started…

My dog has grand mal seizures and takes pheno, what do i do when he has a breakthrough?? Help - he has had 5 seizures between last night and now. My vet just said to raise the dose am & pm, but what do i do in the meantime?he's only 2 - just started…...
    General Dog Discussions : What to do when an epileptic dog has a breakthrough?...

• What to do when an epileptic dog has a breakthrough?

What to do when an epileptic dog has a breakthrough? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has grand mal seizures and takes pheno, what do i do when he has a breakthrough?? Help - he has had 5 seizures between last night and now. My vet just said to raise the dose am & pm, but what do i do in the meantime?he's only 2 - just started having them about 6 months ago

What to do when an epileptic dog has a breakthrough? General Dog Discussions
    • DO NOT VACCINATE this dog. Has your dog recently been vaccinated? There is a huge link there!Second, follow your vet's advice for now. Keep your dog safe, keep your dog as calm as possible and don't panic.Third, please visit www.canine-epilepsy.com and click on "search resources." There is an absolute ton of information there that's applicable to you. In addition, there is a link you can click to join their email group and I would highly suggest you join. Everyone there has dogs with epilepsy and you can obtain very specific cutting edge information.Good luck!