How do I keep a car sick puppy from throwing up?

I have a 4 month Maltese x Poodle. She has always gotten car sick. No matter how long the car ride is, she always throws up. How do we keep her from throwing up? I travel at the least 4 hours twice a month. I have severe anxiety and she really calms me…

I have a 4 month Maltese x Poodle. She has always gotten car sick. No matter how long the car ride is, she always throws up. How do we keep her from throwing up? I travel at the least 4 hours twice a month. I have severe anxiety and she really calms me…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I keep a car sick puppy from throwing up?...

• How do I keep a car sick puppy from throwing up?

How do I keep a car sick puppy from throwing up? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 4 month Maltese x Poodle. She has always gotten car sick. No matter how long the car ride is, she always throws up. How do we keep her from throwing up? I travel at the least 4 hours twice a month. I have severe anxiety and she really calms me down and knows what to do when I have panic attacks so its necessary that she goes with me back and forth.

How do I keep a car sick puppy from throwing up? General Dog Discussions
    • I would refrain from feeding her at least 2-4 hours before you take her on a car ride as she will have nothing in her stomach to throw up. I would also just take her to the vet anyway to see if there is something she can take for the sickness, because even if the 'no eating before the car ride' works, your dog is still feeling sick every time she goes on a ride, which would not be fun. I hope I helped and good luck!!