Im looking for a medicine to treat Heartworms ?

My dog was diagnosed with heartworms this week. I adopted from someone when he was a year old ; he is been with me for the past 2 years under the monthly pill to prevented the heartworms. I dont understand how this happen.

My dog was diagnosed with heartworms this week. I adopted from someone when he was a year old ; he is been with me for the past 2 years under the monthly pill to prevented the heartworms. I dont understand how this happen....
    General Dog Discussions : Im looking for a medicine to treat Heartworms ?...

• Im looking for a medicine to treat Heartworms ?

Im looking for a medicine to treat Heartworms ? General Dog Discussions
      My dog was diagnosed with heartworms this week. I adopted from someone when he was a year old ; he is been with me for the past 2 years under the monthly pill to prevented the heartworms. I dont understand how this happen.

Im looking for a medicine to treat Heartworms ? General Dog Discussions
    • To treat an animal that ALREADY HAS heartworms is very dangerous. It needs to be done by a vet IN THE VET CLINIC! They have to put POISON into the dog's system to kill the worms, and MONITOR them constantly, so as to NOT LOSE THE DOG to the poison. IT'S VERY DANGEROUS........and should NEVER be tried by a non-vet!Hope you get him some VET HELP ....ASAP.Good luck.