Blastomycosis -caused by a fungus - my dog inhaled. He only has access to my backyard - how do I find source?

My dog was diagnosed with Blastomycosis. I need to find the source in my back yard. From what I've read - it is a fungus that can develop in rotting soil or rotting wood. I have blocked off most of the yard - not knowing where this is - (I also have…

Blastomycosis -caused by a fungus - my dog inhaled. He only has access to my backyard - how do I find source?

My dog was diagnosed with Blastomycosis. I need to find the source in my back yard. From what I've read - it is a fungus that can develop in rotting soil or rotting wood. I have blocked off most of the yard - not knowing where this is - (I also have…...
    General Dog Discussions : Blastomycosis -caused by a fungus - my dog inhaled. He only has access to my backyard - how do I find source?...

• Blastomycosis -caused by a fungus - my dog inhaled. He only has access to my backyard - how do I find source?

Blastomycosis -caused by a fungus - my dog inhaled. He only has access to my backyard - how do I find source? General Dog Discussions
      My dog was diagnosed with Blastomycosis. I need to find the source in my back yard. From what I've read - it is a fungus that can develop in rotting soil or rotting wood. I have blocked off most of the yard - not knowing where this is - (I also have another dog that has not contacted it). I need to know how to get rid of it when found. I live in a subdivision in Caledonia, WI - small back yard. HELP -- my backyard is not a "fun" place for anyone anymore......

Blastomycosis -caused by a fungus - my dog inhaled. He only has access to my backyard - how do I find source? General Dog Discussions
    • First, find a spray your vet recommends for killing the fungus. I would then spray the entire yard with this chemical. Your local nursery may also recommend something not harmful to pets or plants. You can buy an inexpensive sprayer at Home Depot. Spray any buildings, fences and other places up to a height that the dogs can reach. You may have to do the entire yard including grass and plants.