At what age does an Akita reach adulthood?

My akita just got his 1st birthday today....I am so proud...he is huge, but I dont think he will stop growing now, will he?

My akita just got his 1st birthday today....I am so proud...he is huge, but I dont think he will stop growing now, will he?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : At what age does an Akita reach adulthood?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• At what age does an Akita reach adulthood?

At what age does an Akita reach adulthood? Dog Breed Discussions
      My akita just got his 1st birthday today....I am so proud...he is huge, but I dont think he will stop growing now, will he?

At what age does an Akita reach adulthood? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I used to breed Akitas and show them in AKC, and most Akitas, especially males, do not reach their full size until they're around three years old. I've had many Akitas that grew noticeably in height and broadness after 18 months of age, and most yearling Akitas that I had still acted like puppies, in spite of their size. Their growth will slow down, but it will still continue. Some of the import lines(Japanese bloodlines)really do not start looking their best and fully "fill out" until they are nearly five!