What Kind Of Dog Food should I feed my Akita Puppy?

I have an Akita Puppy. She is 7months old. And I was feeding her Purina Puppy Chow. She is now getting Hot Spots. and I was wondering if there is a better dog food I should feed her. Please help. Thank you so much!

I have an Akita Puppy. She is 7months old. And I was feeding her Purina Puppy Chow. She is now getting Hot Spots. and I was wondering if there is a better dog food I should feed her. Please help. Thank you so much!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What Kind Of Dog Food should I feed my Akita Puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What Kind Of Dog Food should I feed my Akita Puppy?

What Kind Of Dog Food should I feed my Akita Puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have an Akita Puppy. She is 7months old. And I was feeding her Purina Puppy Chow. She is now getting Hot Spots. and I was wondering if there is a better dog food I should feed her. Please help. Thank you so much!

What Kind Of Dog Food should I feed my Akita Puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Yes, pretty much everything! It might be some of the cheap fillers that are bothering her; corn, wheat, and soy are common allergens in dogs. Have you taken her to the vet? The other ingredients are pretty gross, too. For an Akita puppy, I think Orijen is the right choice if you want to stick with kibble. Both the adult and large puppy formulas have low enough calcium/phosphorous for a large breed puppy like an Akita (avoid the regular puppy, 6 Fish, Regional Red, and senior). Plus, it's independently manufactured and made from fresh, regional ingredients that are passed fit for human consumption. The meat is free range and hormone & antibiotic free and the fish is usually wild-caught. The high meat protein is ideal, too. If you have the time, you can also try a Prey Model Raw diet so you can eliminate all carbs and feed your dog the most natural diet. You can read more at PreyModelRaw.com. Raw is far superior to all commercially produced foods. Here's a review of Purina Puppy Chow: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/purina-puppy-chow/ Now compare to Orijen Puppy (no review for the large breed formula): http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/orijen-dog-food-puppy/

• My dog's love Life's Abundance. Here is some info on it Life’s Abundance Premium Health Food is made with select ingredients, including high-quality chicken and catfish meals, whole grains, nutritious vegetables and fruits, omega fatty acids and much more. They never use corn or wheat products and never use artificial flavors or colors. With Life’s Abundance, you can be confident that you are feeding your pet advanced nutrition.http://www.lifesabundance.com/Home.aspx?realname=20065236

• I got my Akita pup from breeders and they told me I should feed her nutramax. Its expensive but she likes it and shes been healthy ever since. She is 5 now.