what is the best way to have two dogs get along? I have an 6 month akita and a 3 yr cockapoo.?

the akita want to be dominant by putin his head over the other. but it seems that my cockapoo doenst like it, and goes crazy. my cockapoo and akita just dont get along

what is the best way to have two dogs get along? I have an 6 month akita and a 3 yr cockapoo.?

the akita want to be dominant by putin his head over the other. but it seems that my cockapoo doenst like it, and goes crazy. my cockapoo and akita just dont get along...
    Dog Breed Discussions : what is the best way to have two dogs get along? I have an 6 month akita and a 3 yr cockapoo.?...

• what is the best way to have two dogs get along? I have an 6 month akita and a 3 yr cockapoo.?

what is the best way to have two dogs get along? I have an 6 month akita and a 3 yr cockapoo.? Dog Breed Discussions
      the akita want to be dominant by putin his head over the other. but it seems that my cockapoo doenst like it, and goes crazy. my cockapoo and akita just dont get along

what is the best way to have two dogs get along? I have an 6 month akita and a 3 yr cockapoo.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Be patient, eventually they'll work it out. I have three, one shitzu (who is the oldest), a shepherd/husky mix and a pomeranian. Now the pom loves to play and scrap with the shepherd/husky, but also likes to do the same with the shitzu. Shitzu's along with cockapoos and other similar types I find have a character of I will play with you when I feel like it...not when you want to. The shepherd/husky has no problem, but the shitzu, tends to get ornary, if you know what I mean. But, honestly, I don't think they could get along without each other.

• Akitas are a very aggressive breed. They should have at least basic obedience. They do not tolerate small animals at all. The best thing to do is have 2 people, each have a leash on the dogs and let them slowly approach. If they start to show aggression, say simply NO. Keep trying and when they get close and do not show aggression, have a small treat EVERY TIME they meet without problems. I raised Akitas for 10 years and they must NOT be allowed to dominate a situation because of their size, power and lack of tolerance for small animals.