I have some questions for some vet techs answer one or more of these n id greatly appriciate it?

How would you characterize vet tech?where is the greatest need for this field?what is the potiential income for this career?what is a typical day/week like in your job?what do you like most about your job ?least?if you were hiring someone for this job…

I have some questions for some vet techs answer one or more of these n id greatly appriciate it?

How would you characterize vet tech?where is the greatest need for this field?what is the potiential income for this career?what is a typical day/week like in your job?what do you like most about your job ?least?if you were hiring someone for this job…...
    General Dog Discussions : I have some questions for some vet techs answer one or more of these n id greatly appriciate it?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have some questions for some vet techs answer one or more of these n id greatly appriciate it?

I have some questions for some vet techs answer one or more of these n id greatly appriciate it? General Dog Discussions
      How would you characterize vet tech?where is the greatest need for this field?what is the potiential income for this career?what is a typical day/week like in your job?what do you like most about your job ?least?if you were hiring someone for this job what kind of person would you like to hire?how did you get into this career?any additionial comments about vet tech?

I have some questions for some vet techs answer one or more of these n id greatly appriciate it? General Dog Discussions
    • I'm not a Vet Tech, but my best friend is. She doesn't do this type of on line stuff. So, I'll try to answer what I've learned from her.A Vet Tech is a person who assists a Veterinarian with all aspects of running an animal clinic or hospital. This can be anything from helping up front in the office to giving shots, assisting in surgery, filling prescriptions, ordering supplies, cleaning bathrooms and assisting with pets in the exam room.There is always a need for trained Vet Tech's though some offices will hire off the street and do their own training. There are vet offices everywhere, so it's wide open.The income is not promising in most offices. My friend has worked in a highly respected vet's office for over ten years and is only making $10/hr. in So. Calif. There is no medical insurance, no vacation pay and you have to work on weekends sometimes. She is a hard worker and many people will only allow her to handle their pets. She is capable to put animals under anesthesia and do many types of surgery with or without the Dr.Her typical work week is Mon to Thurs 7:30 to 5 or later. She gets an hour for lunch or less some times. Then she works every 3rd Saturday and sometimes has to come in at night or on a Sun if there are overnight pets. She assists in surgery and in the exam room, does vaccinations, orders supplies and pet food. She can work any position at the front desk and has her week to clean bathrooms and mop floors.The part she says she likes best is the surgeries, "the messier, the better". She has shown me some pictures and handed me a tumor removed from my dog. She loves getting her hands into it. The part she likes least is working with some of the immature employees and the games some of them play.I can't say what they look for in an employee. But, I know they usually have girls in the office and they have to be willing to learn the front and back office.My friend was studying to become a Vet, but got side tracked by marriage and kids. We all tell her she should go back and finish. She is a natural with animals and is an "animal reader". She is well regarded because she can handle any animal, tame or not, and shows no fear.I hope this helps you.

• a nurse for animalsat all vet offices .it is not a head of the household income. you will never get a head with this incomelong day, doing everything for an animal inexpensive pet care for your peta person that wants to learn and doesn't think they know it allI have always had animals. went to a great accredited tech school in Ca. they had a great pay scale. that was not true.if you don't need to survive on this pay and it is not your only income you will like it. It is a fast burn out job. day practice is slow and emergency is fast pace. you need to volunteer and interview to see where you would best fit in