How can I help my dog suffering with severe toilet problems?

My dog has a large clump of poo stuck in his anus, and entangled in his fur. It is preventing him from pooing and causing him alot of pain. Is there anything we can do to help him??? We have tried to dislodge it, but were unsucessful. Please HELP

My dog has a large clump of poo stuck in his anus, and entangled in his fur. It is preventing him from pooing and causing him alot of pain. Is there anything we can do to help him??? We have tried to dislodge it, but were unsucessful. Please HELP...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I help my dog suffering with severe toilet problems?...

• How can I help my dog suffering with severe toilet problems?

How can I help my dog suffering with severe toilet problems? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has a large clump of poo stuck in his anus, and entangled in his fur. It is preventing him from pooing and causing him alot of pain. Is there anything we can do to help him??? We have tried to dislodge it, but were unsucessful. Please HELP

How can I help my dog suffering with severe toilet problems? General Dog Discussions
    • Give the dog a bath or take it to the groomer. This has to be stupid. You allowed a dog to become so soiled it can no longer pass it's stool. Hey you are either stupid, lazy or just don't give a daam, perhaps all three and a few more I cant say on here. Give the dog away!

• I hope the above poster is not right about the treatment of the dog!!But for the fact that it may have just happened... call your vet.There may be a serious problem as to why your dog is not passing regularly. There may be an obstruction, as he could of ate something without you knowing.If it is normal, they can give the dog some kind of suppostory or "home remedy" to have him pass it. That may cause diarreah though.