I'm getting a female akita puppy at 5 weeks in few weeks and i also have a cat?

Me and my family will be getting a female akita puppy at 5/6 weeks soon and have researched and read a lot about the breed so i aint jumping into anything, i also have a cat and i heard it will be fine as long as having it at a puppy it will get ust to…

Me and my family will be getting a female akita puppy at 5/6 weeks soon and have researched and read a lot about the breed so i aint jumping into anything, i also have a cat and i heard it will be fine as long as having it at a puppy it will get ust to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I'm getting a female akita puppy at 5 weeks in few weeks and i also have a cat?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm getting a female akita puppy at 5 weeks in few weeks and i also have a cat?

I'm getting a female akita puppy at 5 weeks in few weeks and i also have a cat? Dog Breed Discussions
      Me and my family will be getting a female akita puppy at 5/6 weeks soon and have researched and read a lot about the breed so i aint jumping into anything, i also have a cat and i heard it will be fine as long as having it at a puppy it will get ust to the cat in time. Any info?

I'm getting a female akita puppy at 5 weeks in few weeks and i also have a cat? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You obviously haven't read much - puppies CAN NOT be away from mom until 8 weeks - it's illegal in most states. I suggest you find a different breeder, you're most likely buying from a puppy farm and probably won't get a purebred akita. If it is pure, it'll probably have health problems.

• Buy from another breeder. If a breeder is selling you a pup at 5 weeks and they don't know you personally and know you have experience with dogs, it's a useless breeder.Akitas are so badly bred nowadays that is not a chance you will want to take.You may have done your research but it is not true that raising it with a cat from birth with guarantee a good relationship. They chase things, big and small. The only way to control this behavior is through training, not relying on the dog 'bonding' with the cat.I'm not going to offer training tips because if you are getting an Akita i am presuming you already have experience with similar type breeds and how to train them effectively.Good luck.

• If you're brainless enough to buy TWO MONTHS TOO YOUNG from a blatant ignorant greedy neglectful BYB,you're too stupid to manage another animal successfully. Get a houseplant.illiterate infantile snot-nosed brat

• They'll be fine. Supervise all interaction in the beggining. Make sure that you cat has an escape route if it needs to run away.It will really be up to your cat on how they will get along. He/She will either try to avoid the dog, or might become playful and ok with the dog around.We brought a puppy in with 2 cats...one of them (the younger one) became "friends" with puppy. They would roll around, chase each other..etc. The other older cat, pretty much let the puppy know from the beginning to stay away from it. They were fine, puppy really didnt bother her...except for an occasional chase...and she avoided all contact.

• If you did your research then you would know that no reputable breeder would let a pup go at 5/6 weeks - and in most states it is illegal to do so. Eight weeks is absolute minimum age - even though the pup may be weaned at 5/6 weeks they will miss out on TONS of learning opportunities from mom and litter. MANY dogs let go too young will develop behavioral problems related to poor socialization/learning as a pup - this chance is much higher in a dominant breed int he hands of novice owners.Do more research. Find a better breeder. If this one won't keep the pups till the required EIGHT weeks then they probably cut other corners - such as show/competition, genetic testing, and/or proper temperament testing.

• WAY to young to get the puppy. Back out NOW!!! That's a sure sign of a less-than-reputable breeder. The puppy will not even be old enough to be vaccinated and needs to develop social skills within the litter up until 8 weeks of age. There are lots of great placed to get an Akita puppy where you can rely on your breeder for advice and information. Consider googling your local kennel club or contact the Akita club of America (www.akitaclub.org) to find a reputable breeder. You will be so much happier if you find someone who can do more for you than just sell you a puppy by serving as a life-long support system for the dog.