Why does my akita sleep in front of the door?

My Akitas favorite place to sleep is right in front of the door. We try to get him to sleep somewhere eles so he doesn't get hit with the door each time someone walks in. But he loves this spot. Why does he like being there so much?

My Akitas favorite place to sleep is right in front of the door. We try to get him to sleep somewhere eles so he doesn't get hit with the door each time someone walks in. But he loves this spot. Why does he like being there so much?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why does my akita sleep in front of the door?...

• Why does my akita sleep in front of the door?

Why does my akita sleep in front of the door? Dog Breed Discussions
      My Akitas favorite place to sleep is right in front of the door. We try to get him to sleep somewhere eles so he doesn't get hit with the door each time someone walks in. But he loves this spot. Why does he like being there so much?

Why does my akita sleep in front of the door? Dog Breed Discussions
    • My dogs sleep in our bed but they always choose to sleep at the foot facing the door (these are Dobermans by the way). My guess is your dog is making sure no one gets in.

• Might be a draft coming in that cools him off.Might be a protection thing. He knows people have to come through the door and he wants to be the first to see who it is.