I want to breed Akitas in the future and need info?

I need all the info on how to breed akitas, cost of pups, vaccinations, vet bills, ect.Where should i get quality pups and how to pick the right dogs.I want to breed for the Black, White, or Sable coated akitas only.I need to learn as much as…

I need all the info on how to breed akitas, cost of pups, vaccinations, vet bills, ect.Where should i get quality pups and how to pick the right dogs.I want to breed for the Black, White, or Sable coated akitas only.I need to learn as much as…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I want to breed Akitas in the future and need info?...

• I want to breed Akitas in the future and need info?

I want to breed Akitas in the future and need info? Dog Breed Discussions
      I need all the info on how to breed akitas, cost of pups, vaccinations, vet bills, ect.Where should i get quality pups and how to pick the right dogs.I want to breed for the Black, White, or Sable coated akitas only.I need to learn as much as possible.Each and every pup will be taken care greatly.Also i need info on Akitas their nature and requirements.any info will be appreciated.

I want to breed Akitas in the future and need info? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You need to find someone who has been involved with Akitas, breeding and showing, for some time and form a relationship with that person. It should be someone who is successful, and well thought of in the breed. This person may decide to help you by mentoring you. You should be buying books on Akitas and dogs and dog health and dog showing and dog breeding. And videos about all that.You should be going to as many dog shows as you can get to, and hanging around the Akita ring and the Akita grooming area. You will hopefully find a mentor there.Asking for info on Akitas here - as if you will learn here what you need to know to set out on this endeavor - is kind of like someone thinking that they can ask here how to build a house, and then expecting to be able to buy some wood and build one.

• This is a bad place to ask this question. You need to find a good breed mentor. Until you find one you need to start reading up on akitas, genetics, breeding, whelping and husbandry.

• This is definitely not the place you want to try and learn these kinds of things from.Learning to breed dogs responsibly takes more than asking questions on the internet.You need to meet REAL LIVE people with REAL experience. Contact Akita breeders, go to shows or trials with them. You need a breeding mentor and this is the only way you will find someone that will take you under their wing and teach you everything there is to know about breeding.

• color is the *last* consideration of any breeder. Go to some AKC shows (all responsible breeders are involved in either conformation or working dog trials) and talk to some owners. Join the national breed club. Buy a show potential puppy from a responsible breeder that does genetic screenings on their breeding stock. Find a local mentor to help you show and take you through the process. Akitas need to have OFA certifications on hips, heart, elbows, thyroid, and CERF clearance on the eyes. They should have a balanced temperament and conform to the breed standard. There is much more to breeding dogs than finding two pretty ones and allowing them to mate. Good for you for wanting to do it right.