Anybody know where I can find an akita or shiba inu?

I love shiba inus and akitas.Im looking for one in Louisiana.anyone knows a breeder or a shelter in Louisiana that has shibas or akitas?

I love shiba inus and akitas.Im looking for one in Louisiana.anyone knows a breeder or a shelter in Louisiana that has shibas or akitas?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Anybody know where I can find an akita or shiba inu?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anybody know where I can find an akita or shiba inu?

Anybody know where I can find an akita or shiba inu? Dog Breed Discussions
      I love shiba inus and akitas.Im looking for one in Louisiana.anyone knows a breeder or a shelter in Louisiana that has shibas or akitas?

Anybody know where I can find an akita or shiba inu? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I am also a big Shiba Inu and Akita fan!In fact, I have a Shiba of my own, his name's Tobias. Here's a Louisiana Shiba Breeder:http://www.whisperingpinespups.com/You might also want to look at Rescue sights and Shelters. You could also call your local shelter and ask them to put you on a call list for if a Shiba or Akita comes in. Another good place to look is Petfinder.Even though not all dogs at Rescues and Shelters are purebred, that wont alter the dogs personality. My Shiba is actually a mix of Shiba Inu and Pomeranian. But he doesn't look much like a Pomeranian at all. He looks like a Shiba but slightly smaller, a little fox. ;) And he has an amazing personality!So don't pass up a good dog just because it isn't purely Akita or Shiba, you can find amazing mixes with those breeds in them!

• I cant answer our question as I don't know but I want to tell ou be careful, The Akita Inu is m favourite breed, I love them but so many people are selling American Akita's and are passing them off as the true original Japanese Akita Inu, American Akita's are the only ones that have black masks, Japanese Akita's inu do not, so make sure you really study the dog when buying it as so many people get scammed with this breed.good luck the are awesome dogs!

• The kennel that was listed is not reputable. For Shibas the site for the national breed club is www.shibas.org and you will have to good the Akita club. I don't know of any reputable breeders in that area. You can also find rescues in that area and go that route. Also make sure that you have done proper research and can handle both breeds. Just because you love them doesn't mean that they are the right dog for you.