How do I get my dog to obey me at the dog park when she is around other dogs?

a really reliable recall is necessary without distraction before she can be expected to come with distractions. practice with only one other dog at first so that you can go get her if necessary. high value rewards are critical for success. and calling…

a really reliable recall is necessary without distraction before she can be expected to come with distractions. practice with only one other dog at first so that you can go get her if necessary. high value rewards are critical for success. and calling…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my dog to obey me at the dog park when she is around other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my dog to obey me at the dog park when she is around other dogs?

How do I get my dog to obey me at the dog park when she is around other dogs? General Dog Discussions
      a really reliable recall is necessary without distraction before she can be expected to come with distractions. practice with only one other dog at first so that you can go get her if necessary. high value rewards are critical for success. and calling her to come only when you're ready to leave sends the message that coming means the fun is over. call her over to you several times before actually leaving so she can learn that coming is a good thing and she can still play. always praise when she comes (even if she did not come on her own). and do not call her to come when you can't enforce the command. see the link for help getting started.

How do I get my dog to obey me at the dog park when she is around other dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Let the dog have fun for awhile...when it tires out it will concentrate on your voice commands. When it runs " with the pack" it's doing what comes naturally. If the park is fenced in and away from traffic it should be alright. It's nice all the dogs get along. Give it a little freedom. If it is a problem you don't want to deal with, get a trainer .

• We got our puppy into the habit of when she was called in public and came back to us, she would get a treat. It took her some time to learn, but our dog is a glutton... no strange dog is worth missing out on a cookie!

• My dog obey's me ok at home and at the dog park. That is until we get around other dogs. Once she starts running around with other dogs, she completely ignores me. It's ok that she runs around with other dogs and they all play well together, but I need to make sure she stays some what close to me and will come when called. Any suggestions on how to get her to obey a "come" command when she's around other dogs?