How do I get my diabetic puppy to eat her food?

Shes a 4 month old boxer with juvenile diabetes. We've been trying to get her to eat her food but she refuses to eat. & when she does eat, she spits the food out of her mouth. Any answers to help her eat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shes a 4 month old boxer with juvenile diabetes. We've been trying to get her to eat her food but she refuses to eat. & when she does eat, she spits the food out of her mouth. Any answers to help her eat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my diabetic puppy to eat her food?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my diabetic puppy to eat her food?

How do I get my diabetic puppy to eat her food? General Dog Discussions
      Shes a 4 month old boxer with juvenile diabetes. We've been trying to get her to eat her food but she refuses to eat. & when she does eat, she spits the food out of her mouth. Any answers to help her eat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How do I get my diabetic puppy to eat her food? General Dog Discussions
    • There are plenty of diabetic dog foods out there switch your food..The best foods for your diabetic dog are going to be foods high in fiber, low in fat and contain no sugar, you should also avoid any enriched flours. When choosing flour you should look for whole grain flours even better options are soy flour and amaranth flour. Also after you get the food worked out here is a recipe for diabetic treats..2 Jars Meat Baby Food (chicken, lamb, veal or beef avoid ingredient onions)2 Eggs½ cup Whole Grain Flour (Soy or Amaranth flour are great too)¼ Teaspoon coconut oil (can substitute olive oil)Pour jars of baby food, eggs, and oil into mixing bowl. Slowly add whole grain flour while mixing. Line shallow baking pan with parchment paper, pour treat mixture into pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cut into squares.