What shots will my 5 month old puppy need?

We recently took in a 5 month old lab/shepard mix. When we asked the past owners what shots he recieved they only said parvo and didn't seem very sure of even that. I know that he lived with two other adult dogs, and I assume that they had not recieved…

We recently took in a 5 month old lab/shepard mix. When we asked the past owners what shots he recieved they only said parvo and didn't seem very sure of even that. I know that he lived with two other adult dogs, and I assume that they had not recieved…...
    General Dog Discussions : What shots will my 5 month old puppy need?...

• What shots will my 5 month old puppy need?

What shots will my 5 month old puppy need? General Dog Discussions
      We recently took in a 5 month old lab/shepard mix. When we asked the past owners what shots he recieved they only said parvo and didn't seem very sure of even that. I know that he lived with two other adult dogs, and I assume that they had not recieved their shots either. I know that he will need his parvo, distemper and rabies shot. Is there any other shots that he may need?

What shots will my 5 month old puppy need? General Dog Discussions
    • That depend on where you live.I always get my dogs leptospirosis shots because I live in the country with lots of deer around. there are shots called 3 in 1 and 5 way and you should ask your vet what your pup needs since they will know what you need in your area.

• Your vet will pay little attention to what you learn on the net. Just take him in and tell the vet what you know. Likely the vet will give a combo shot, perhaps kennel cough nose drops and maybe a rabies. My vet likes 6 month rabies shots. Some states require 4 months. Unless he is on heartworm medicine, he will need a heartworm test. Have a fecal done. My vet does carefully follow the 4-H requirements on the form I take in.