Yorkie females with c sections that require spaying?

Hi. Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry about yorkies and their size. Overwhelming, you have advised to go with a larger dog (we were being offered pups from top breed dogs but weighing only 3 lbs). New question. I have 2 good breeders…

Hi. Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry about yorkies and their size. Overwhelming, you have advised to go with a larger dog (we were being offered pups from top breed dogs but weighing only 3 lbs). New question. I have 2 good breeders…...
    General Dog Discussions : Yorkie females with c sections that require spaying?...

• Yorkie females with c sections that require spaying?

Yorkie females with c sections that require spaying? General Dog Discussions
      Hi. Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry about yorkies and their size. Overwhelming, you have advised to go with a larger dog (we were being offered pups from top breed dogs but weighing only 3 lbs). New question. I have 2 good breeders who have female yorkies that they are retiring from breeding. Both are 4 years old. Both have had C sections. Both need spaying in order for me to adopt. Both are about the same cost (less that half of a new pup), have been trained and raised in a breeders home, are champion show dogs and are about 5 lbs each. Any experience from you adopting a more mature dog - health risks with spaying a 4 yr old dog who has had a c section. Should I pay considerably more and go for a 7/8 lbs male pup? or go for a 4 year old, given above with really good personality? Very confused about all of this having no experience with this breed. Comments from the breeder are they are very healthy and come from healthy lines.

Yorkie females with c sections that require spaying? General Dog Discussions
    • I have no experience with Yorkies, but I know quite a bit about getting older dogs vs. puppiesSpaying a female that has had c-sections is not a big deal. In fact, since she did well with c-section surgeries is a good sign she will handle being spayed well. Also, provided the breeder was responsible having had a few litters should not negatively affect the dog at all. Adopting an older dog is a wonderful experience. They are calmer, past the chewy phase and all around easier. Puppies are wonderful, but soooo much work. There are no negatives here, it is just a matter of preference. Do you want a puppy, or an older dog. It's all up to you. I have gotten puppies as well as adopted older dogs of all ages and both are wonderful experiences.

• Go for it! These girls are mature, settled, over all the chewing and teething of puppyhood. Get the dog spayed and just love and enjoy her. It is not uncommon for show breeders to place their retired champions into pet homes. This way the dog gets to be an only dog or share with maybe one other pet and reaps all the benefits of being a beloved pet. If they remain with the breeder, they will still be loved but they will be one of a pack.Spaying is pretty safe although anytime they must put a dog under general anesthesia there is a risk. Give one of these girls a great home and let her love you with all of her being!!

• Adults make the best pets.I don't know why people want puppies. They are so much work for the entire first year of their lives, it almost makes them more trouble than their worth.All I'm saying is that a little bladder control in a dog is a good thing! LOLAnyway, they should do fine for their spays, and will make you a lovely pet. Four is a great age, they live for 15 so you will have many good years together. Training is a bonus. A priceless bonus that you're getting at a discount!I don't like male dogs. Especially ones that have been studs. They tend to hump everything and pee everywhere. Think twice about him, and ask about his habits.Good luck to you and your doggie, which ever you pick!

• Yorkies do great with spays after c-sections. I did this with one of mine, she's my beloved pet & nothing else now. Since they are older, they won't be chewing up your furniture. Puppies are a lot more work. The male puppy would also make a nice pet,as long as he's never been used for breeding. Retired breeding males will continue to mark everything in sight , even after nuetering. This the reason my current Yorkie stud is nicknamed "the little pisser" ! LOL