What is a good food for young puppies?

I rescued orphan young puppies since they were 2 weeks old. I always fed them I milk. Now they are four weeks, born April 26th. Soon, with your help, I'll start feeding them solid food. 1. What food is good for them to start on?2. Every how many hours?…

I rescued orphan young puppies since they were 2 weeks old. I always fed them I milk. Now they are four weeks, born April 26th. Soon, with your help, I'll start feeding them solid food. 1. What food is good for them to start on?2. Every how many hours?…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is a good food for young puppies?...

• What is a good food for young puppies?

What is a good food for young puppies? General Dog Discussions
      I rescued orphan young puppies since they were 2 weeks old. I always fed them I milk. Now they are four weeks, born April 26th. Soon, with your help, I'll start feeding them solid food. 1. What food is good for them to start on?2. Every how many hours? How much?3. When should I start?4. Any suggestions, or ideas.Their is seven puppies so I do have a budget, as I have two dogs of my own. I did ask vet and she recommended Science diet, which I researched is not a good dog food.Thanks.

What is a good food for young puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • When my dog was a puppy, I fed him science diet the most I could. My uncle told me to only feed my dog once a day... For the first month, I gave him food three times a day. He got a little chubby and since then, I've been feeding him once a day with treats occasionally and dropped table food. He's almost 1 years old and he's completely healthy. I read on google too that science diet was not good... But I aske three different vets and they recommended it. The only other thing I fed my dog was Pedigree, but it comes in a humongous package for puppies.

• Start off with milk for like 3 days and then feed them like puppy chow or soft food for puppies like 3 times a day. Remember never to leave the food there for them to eat it when ever they want. B/c they will get skinny like what happened to my dog. So always feed them at the same time everyday so that they eat everything that you feed them

• Vets recommend science diet because they get paid to do so. It's garbage food. Some good foods are blue buffalo, innova, taste of the wild, etc. stay away from brands that you can get at the grocery store (even if its in a pet store) or places like walmart. Mix the food with warm water first. These dogs MUST be going for regular vet checks though and your vet can help you with the information about how much and how often.