Is it normal for chihuahua puppies to sratch?

I'd say he does it 5-6 times an hour. A lot of dogs scratch, this must be normal.He's 10 weeks old and was health checked yesterday before I picked him up.He's scratching himself.

I'd say he does it 5-6 times an hour. A lot of dogs scratch, this must be normal.He's 10 weeks old and was health checked yesterday before I picked him up.He's scratching himself....
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for chihuahua puppies to sratch?...

• Is it normal for chihuahua puppies to sratch?

Is it normal for chihuahua puppies to sratch? General Dog Discussions
      I'd say he does it 5-6 times an hour. A lot of dogs scratch, this must be normal.He's 10 weeks old and was health checked yesterday before I picked him up.He's scratching himself.

Is it normal for chihuahua puppies to sratch? General Dog Discussions
    • It sounds like he possibly has fleas. This is common if he goes outside or if you have other pets who do. You could ask the vet if he's old enough for Advantage, which gets rid of fleas and will help your puppy stay healthy. Your puppy's vet can also give you other recommendations for getting rid of the fleas. There are flea combs available at your local pet store, but they don't work as well as other things. You could also bathe him with a washcloth using luke warm water and Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. You should go to your vet to confirm that he has fleas, because I'm only guessing based on the fact that most of the time that's why puppies or kitties scratch.

• A puppy without either one of the mange mites and without fleas should not be scratching. Turn your puppy over on his back and examine his stomach where his hind legs attach. If you see black specs that look like black pepper, your pet has fleas. That is flea excrement. If you don't see any of this, then there is another reason for the scratching and your vet didn't pick up on it.He should have checked your puppy for mange with a skin scraping. A healthy puppy free of any skin condition should not be scratching.