How much sleep does a 7 month old puppy usually get?

I have a 7 month old Dachshund/Beagle mix. How much is he supposed to sleep?

I have a 7 month old Dachshund/Beagle mix. How much is he supposed to sleep?...
    General Dog Discussions : How much sleep does a 7 month old puppy usually get?...

• How much sleep does a 7 month old puppy usually get?

How much sleep does a 7 month old puppy usually get? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 7 month old Dachshund/Beagle mix. How much is he supposed to sleep?

How much sleep does a 7 month old puppy usually get? General Dog Discussions
    • Just as human babies sleep and need more sleep, puppies sleep and need more sleep. The interesting thing, though, is the same is true of old dogs (again, just like people). I have a 15-year-old dog who sleeps A LOT. If you feel your puppy is sleeping too much or not enough, call your vet and tell him or her of your concerns.

• Its really hard to say.Some dogs have a higher energy rate than others.There IS no "supposed to sleep" rule.If he is sleeping all night and sleeping for most of the day i would be a bit concerned. But if he is awake for at least 4-5 hours in the day, on and off, and seems happy and lively and is eating his food all up, I would just assume he is a normal quiet natured puppy.If you are worried about him, ask your vets advice.