I think my newborn puppy was bitten a small rat?

My puppy has a very deep wound on her hips part i think its bitten by a rat, i cant call my vet now coz its 4 am... I already put some betadine on the wound will she survive?

My puppy has a very deep wound on her hips part i think its bitten by a rat, i cant call my vet now coz its 4 am... I already put some betadine on the wound will she survive?...
    General Dog Discussions : I think my newborn puppy was bitten a small rat?...

• I think my newborn puppy was bitten a small rat?

I think my newborn puppy was bitten a small rat? General Dog Discussions
      My puppy has a very deep wound on her hips part i think its bitten by a rat, i cant call my vet now coz its 4 am... I already put some betadine on the wound will she survive?

I think my newborn puppy was bitten a small rat? General Dog Discussions
    • She could have been bitten by the dam as well - why is the litter being kept somewhere where rats have access and not being supervised 24/7? Move the pups and mum somewhere indoors and safe and set up a cot next to the whelping box. Get up every two hours at a minimum to check on everyone. Take everyone to the vet in the morning for an exam and proper treatment of the pup's wound.

• How the hell has a newborn puppy been bitten by a rat ??? if the puppy is indoors with its mum and litter. Don't put something like betadine on a lip wound as it will get inside. Take to the vets tomorrow. If this litter is outside and rats know they are there then it is only a matter of time before you have more problems or no pups to worry about.

• how did that happened??????clean the wound with soap and watwer and make sure it does not drain or is not draining and wrap her hind part( if possible) in a bandage. chanhge the bandage every 5 hours.