How many dogs have you raised in your life and when was the first time you started to have dog?

the earliest i can remember asking for a dog was 5 years old ... my parents finally gave in when i was 10 and bought the family a miniature poodle ... that dog lived to 16 years old and when i was away in university she died ...the next dog i bought was…

How many dogs have you raised in your life and when was the first time you started to have dog?

the earliest i can remember asking for a dog was 5 years old ... my parents finally gave in when i was 10 and bought the family a miniature poodle ... that dog lived to 16 years old and when i was away in university she died ...the next dog i bought was…...
    General Dog Discussions : How many dogs have you raised in your life and when was the first time you started to have dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many dogs have you raised in your life and when was the first time you started to have dog?

How many dogs have you raised in your life and when was the first time you started to have dog? General Dog Discussions
      the earliest i can remember asking for a dog was 5 years old ... my parents finally gave in when i was 10 and bought the family a miniature poodle ... that dog lived to 16 years old and when i was away in university she died ...the next dog i bought was born in the day my childhood dog died (total coincidence) ... i was 21 years old and he was a bichon cross and he lived to 17 years old ...my current dog was a gift ... she is 12 years old ...i also work as a dog walker/sitter for the past six years and have many regular furry clients ...i have loved dogs from when i was born i guess :O)

How many dogs have you raised in your life and when was the first time you started to have dog? General Dog Discussions
    • My great grandmother bought my first dog for me when I was two. I was raised with this dog and he was my friend and companion. He had to be put to sleep when I was 16 due to health problems and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with. My next dog was a miniature schnauzer that I got when I was 21, although my parents had dogs and I lived with them. After he died, my next dog (another schnauzer) was raised with my daughter. After him I had a peek a poo and my daughter had a couple of mixed breed dogs, both of which met untimely ends because they jumped fences. Currently I have a cairn terrier, a peek a poo, and a shih tzu. I don't really know why I have always owned dogs, my life just doesn't seem complete without them.

• i stoped counting, i used too have oversigth and learn and remember all the names, i given up, growing up in a breeding kennel, raising, rearing, training and handling dogs was all part of the lifestyle, also had other dogs staying from time too time too help with training or for fosteringi dont have a dog of my own now since i moved out but is still involved with the kennel from time too time, and help out when visiting at home. my lifestyle and living conditions havent been the type since i moved from home that i found it responsible too get a dog yet, i am hoping in a couple years though that it will be feasible, and the idea well the idea would come from the fact i grown up with dogs as a lifestyle, i just couldnt imagine living my life without dogs in it, no more then i could not having kids one day

• In my lifetime I have rescued well over 30 Pit Bull type dogs. I take in Pit Bull type dogs when the shelter has no room.I currently own 2 APBTs, an APBT mix and a Doberman Pinscher.I started this with this particular breed because I realized just how much help they needed due to ignorance.I would not change any part of my life for anything in the world.

• I begged my parents for a dog for years, and our family finally got one when I was 12. We lost her in 2006, she was a golden retriever, and a fantastic dog. I still miss her.When I was 19, I got my border collie, he's 12 now. My Australian shepherd just turned 3.I had always wanted a dog, and I can't explain why. I didn't grow up with dogs, but my friends had dogs, and I would ALWAYS want to play with their dogs, walk their dogs, etc. I guess love of dogs is just in my genes :-).