How do you get your dog to stop barking in the middle of the night?

Dogs, like their wolf ancestors, are highly social, "pack animals". Your dog is barking because he is separated from your family, his "pack". He will stop barking once you let him in the house. I guarantee it.

Dogs, like their wolf ancestors, are highly social, "pack animals". Your dog is barking because he is separated from your family, his "pack". He will stop barking once you let him in the house. I guarantee it....
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get your dog to stop barking in the middle of the night?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you get your dog to stop barking in the middle of the night?

How do you get your dog to stop barking in the middle of the night? General Dog Discussions
      Dogs, like their wolf ancestors, are highly social, "pack animals". Your dog is barking because he is separated from your family, his "pack". He will stop barking once you let him in the house. I guarantee it.

How do you get your dog to stop barking in the middle of the night? General Dog Discussions
    • Awww...I'd let the poor thing in and snuggle with him. I don't know what you could do from outside, maybe exercise and play with him lots during the day to make sleeping easier for him. Good luck!

• I just found this on a website. Technology 1Mount a Super Bark Free (about $80) device outside so it is aimed at the dog or the area where the dog is usually barking. This only works with outside dogs and its affectivity is diminished if its line of site is blocked by landscaping and poles. The manufacturer states it does work up to 50-feet of the dog. The dog's barking will set off the device which sends an ultrasonic blast of 130dB to the dog. He'll hear it but humans won't.It may take a few days for the dog to associate the high frequency sound with his barking and realize that you can't have one without the other. You'll need to mount it carefully as it is not water proof so make sure it's protected from the elements. It is battery operated. When this products works - and some breeds such as Yorkshire Terriers do not seem affected - it's fantastic because your neighbor won't hear it, and probably can't see it or recognize what it is. Technology 2There also is a hand-held Dazer II (about $30) that I recommend. If the dog only bothers you when you're outside, you press the Dazer - about one second on and four off - until the dog quiets down. Again, it will take him a couple times to realize the cause and effect.The hand-held Dazer is great for joggers and owners of small dogs who want to take them for outside walks. Dogs hear it but humans don't.

• the way that u could stop ur dog from barking is bu keeping it inside a small place like a dog house but aliitle bigger like a really small outdorr room and keep it lock u should also teach ur dog that night time is slepping time then thats when he wont bark GOOD LUCK!!=D