When should I start preparing for my puppy?

After having met with several Labrador breeders, I have picked on and placed a deposit on a male puppy. They won't be breeding the female until the middle of April, so that means the puppy would come home with me in July. Anyway, I was wondering when I…

After having met with several Labrador breeders, I have picked on and placed a deposit on a male puppy. They won't be breeding the female until the middle of April, so that means the puppy would come home with me in July. Anyway, I was wondering when I…...
    General Dog Discussions : When should I start preparing for my puppy?...

• When should I start preparing for my puppy?

When should I start preparing for my puppy? General Dog Discussions
      After having met with several Labrador breeders, I have picked on and placed a deposit on a male puppy. They won't be breeding the female until the middle of April, so that means the puppy would come home with me in July. Anyway, I was wondering when I should start preparing. I already have a vet, since this won't be my first pet, but I do not have any other pets at the moment. Don't get mad because I didn't adopt, I can do what I want.This is my first time actually buying from a breeder, which is why I'm asking. All other dogs that I have had have been rescued, so I pretty much received everything that I would need for them when I rescued them.

When should I start preparing for my puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • Most good breeders will send a puppy home with a puppy pack which will usually contain some or all of the following:KC registration papersCopies of all health certificates5 generation pedigree and ancestryMicrochip details Sale ContractReceiptPuppy contractPuppy advice book & training guidePhotos of mum and dad6 weeks insuranceBag of puppy food, collar, a favorite toy or blanketA document containing advice on:Diet, Exercise,Crate and house training,Worming history and the future, contact details etc....Talk to the breeder and ask her what she usually provides.I would recommend two stainless steel bowls, a harness, collar and lead, a dog tag with your details, a bed, puppy pads, a kong and some other puppy chew toys, wormer, flea and tick drops, dog shampoo, a doggy toothbrush and toothpaste, a bag of food the breeder recommends, nail clippers, ear cleaner, insurance, a crate etc....