How do you keep your dog from barking at night and mid-morning?

Well its difficult when they r grown up but you can hit them with a newspaper(not hardly) just to make it understand.

Well its difficult when they r grown up but you can hit them with a newspaper(not hardly) just to make it understand....
    General Dog Discussions : How do you keep your dog from barking at night and mid-morning?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you keep your dog from barking at night and mid-morning?

How do you keep your dog from barking at night and mid-morning? General Dog Discussions
      Well its difficult when they r grown up but you can hit them with a newspaper(not hardly) just to make it understand.

How do you keep your dog from barking at night and mid-morning? General Dog Discussions
    • Do you know why he's barking? Mine would look out the windows and bark at the neighbors coming home late, their dog in their backyard, strays wandering the street, etc...A water pistol aimed at the wazoo stopped that.

• ok. there really isnt a cure to "barking". but a way to stop it for a while at a time is to buy a collar. it sprays citronella spray when the dog barks. it is harmless and works amazing. also they have collars with remotes that when you hear your dog bark you press a button that sends a high pitch sound through a speaker in the collar that only your dog can here. it stops the barking as well. i hope this helps. it did wonders on my sister's dog

• You can keep him in a crate at night. Cover the crate with a blanket so that he does not see light. You can try the muzzle, but it may be hard because they look heartbroken with it on.

• When your dog starts to bard, put a muzzle on it and keep calling it "bad girl/boy" in a negative tone. When your dog calms down, take the muzzle off. Give it praise, "good girl/boy", and a treat. Your dog will eventually get it. Dogs love to please their owners, it's your job to let them know what you expect of them.

• Maybe your dog isn't getting enough attention?Take the dog outside on leash for a long walk everyday and make sure it is getting enough exercise each day. Dogs need exercise and attention everyday. They cannot be brushed off to the side and ignored. They need exercise, attention, and love.

• If it's an inside dog, then the dog probably needs to potty and wants breakfast. If an outdoor dog, it may want breakfast, or there may be a certain amount of activity that is causing the dog to bark, if you have night time visitors like possums or raccoons. Maybe put the dog inside at night?

• scold him when he barks, praise him with a treat when he's quiet. that's the humane way, at least. there are also shock collars that work also but i think that hurts the dog. =[