A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it?

A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it?

A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it?...
    General Dog Discussions : A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it?...

• A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it?

A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it? General Dog Discussions

A puppy 7 wks old with a hernia besides a vet what can you do at home to fix it? General Dog Discussions
    • Hernia requires surgery. a hernia is when muscle rips open and tissue like intestines depending on the area come through it, this can cause serious digestive problems specially when the muscles try to repair themselves the tissue will be suffocated. you need to get him to the vet asap.

• i have a shih tzu. she has a hernia when she was born. wait until she gets to be a bit older, the doctor should tell you just how old, & you can get it operated on. the procedure takes literally about five minutes. they make a slight incision, then they pop it back in and sew it up! it isn't a big deal, i mean it heals within a few weeks. there is nothing you can do at home to fix it, just make sure your puppy doesnt chew on it! because it's not meant to be there, some dogs tend to bit it ( i know it is a bit weird, but they do! ) take your puppy to the vet & the doctor can schedule a surgery and tell you just how long to wait! good luck!

• I agree with Jennifer. I've have had several dogs with belly button hernia. My vets said that they need not be fixed and the dogs would live normal lives. The vets were right in every case. But your case my be different, so be responsible and see the vet.

• You do not indicate the breed of the dog or the location of the hernia. If the puppy is in pain, you need to contact your vet’s answering service to have a vet call you. Let the vet evaluate the condition and provide advice on what to do. If the puppy is not experiencing pain, wait until Monday morning and get your puppy in to see the vet. If you cannot contact a vet today, contact the breeder for advice. Some dog breeds have a higher tendency than other breeds to certain types of hernias. Your breeder should have the knowledge to assist you until you can contact your vet.Good luck!Will DEnterprise ALhttp://www.notagz.com