Can you take an animal that's eaten poisoned bait to a vet or is it going to die?

I have three pet foxes and I live in a rural area where people put out poisoned bait for wild foxes, cats and dogs.I was wondering, if an animal eats poisoned bait, is there any way a vet can treat it so it won't die? Can the bait be removed before it…

Can you take an animal that's eaten poisoned bait to a vet or is it going to die?

I have three pet foxes and I live in a rural area where people put out poisoned bait for wild foxes, cats and dogs.I was wondering, if an animal eats poisoned bait, is there any way a vet can treat it so it won't die? Can the bait be removed before it…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can you take an animal that's eaten poisoned bait to a vet or is it going to die?...

• Can you take an animal that's eaten poisoned bait to a vet or is it going to die?

Can you take an animal that's eaten poisoned bait to a vet or is it going to die? General Dog Discussions
      I have three pet foxes and I live in a rural area where people put out poisoned bait for wild foxes, cats and dogs.I was wondering, if an animal eats poisoned bait, is there any way a vet can treat it so it won't die? Can the bait be removed before it does any permanent damage? Can medicines be given to the animal to prevent the poison from killing?Or, is the poison definitley going to kill an animal that eats it?I don't have any pets in danger, i'm just wondering.

Can you take an animal that's eaten poisoned bait to a vet or is it going to die? General Dog Discussions
    • Well, not terribly sure about foxes, but we did have a little 5 pound puppy get into mice killer (D-con), and we took her to the vet immediately. They gave her medicine that made her vomit up most of the poison, then she had to be on pills for 3 weeks after to make sure her blood would not be too thin. Hope this helps...

• well a vet would pump the fox's stomach, this would save it's life but it may hay digestion problems later. They can be saved if they eat some bait if you don't leave it past 10 minutes, as many poisons for animals take about 10 minutes to kick in. Good luck ;)