Is it possible for a puppy to get too much milk from its mother?

Also, if she is nursing that one pup. will her milk dry up faster. The vet said it just depends from dog to dog but I just wondered if anyone else has experinced this.

Also, if she is nursing that one pup. will her milk dry up faster. The vet said it just depends from dog to dog but I just wondered if anyone else has experinced this....
    General Dog Discussions : Is it possible for a puppy to get too much milk from its mother?...

• Is it possible for a puppy to get too much milk from its mother?

Is it possible for a puppy to get too much milk from its mother? General Dog Discussions
      Also, if she is nursing that one pup. will her milk dry up faster. The vet said it just depends from dog to dog but I just wondered if anyone else has experinced this.

Is it possible for a puppy to get too much milk from its mother? General Dog Discussions
    • she will dry up eventaully and that pup is fine but when the puppy is abut 6 weeks or 7 you need to separate them and get them eating food and forget the milk and stay away from mom to. she needs to get herself going and not be feeding puppy any more.

• my moms a part time breeder and im 14 and have to help when the dogs giving birthso i guess u could say i no a little about this stuffwell first of all the puppy can never hav enough milkand also the milk will stay a little longer cuz no 1s drinking it

• No, the pup will stop nursing when it is no longer hungry just like a human baby. Mother Nature provides for all the pups so the milk doesn't dry up. The more puppies that nurse, the more milk is produced.

• Its not really possible for a puppy to get too much milk. Actually, the more the can get the better. The puppy isnt going to eat more than he/she can tolerate so if your little baby has a health appetite, consider yourself blessed. The amount of puppies nursing doesnt really have anything to do with when the milk will dry up. Every momma dog is different. but its usually around 8+ weeks.