Will a severe overbite cause health problems in a dog when he gets older?

I have a nine week old Jack Russell puppy that has a severe overbite. I knew this when I got him, and he came with a health certificate, stating he had this. We knew this at the time we picked him from the litter, but loved his personalitiy and color. He…

I have a nine week old Jack Russell puppy that has a severe overbite. I knew this when I got him, and he came with a health certificate, stating he had this. We knew this at the time we picked him from the litter, but loved his personalitiy and color. He…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will a severe overbite cause health problems in a dog when he gets older?...

• Will a severe overbite cause health problems in a dog when he gets older?

Will a severe overbite cause health problems in a dog when he gets older? General Dog Discussions
      I have a nine week old Jack Russell puppy that has a severe overbite. I knew this when I got him, and he came with a health certificate, stating he had this. We knew this at the time we picked him from the litter, but loved his personalitiy and color. He is eating and chewing good and has no problem, at this time, taking and chewing treats, or playing and carrying toys. And, is in good weight. However, I am worried when his permanent teeth come in and down the road they may cause problems. Does anyone know?

Will a severe overbite cause health problems in a dog when he gets older? General Dog Discussions
    • It shouldn't, but there's no way of knowing. My dog has a minor under bite that doesn't effect her at all, but I don't know about a severe over bite. Take him to a vet to get x-rays, because that should show how is teeth are going to come in. That's the only way of knowing.