Is it normal for one of my dogs to be scared of the others puppies?

My neighbors had a dog (Snow, she's a lab). Snow and my dog (Honey, he is a cocker spaniel) would always have play days at my house. I would feed Snow and take her showers because she got along very well with the family, including Honey. I would take…

My neighbors had a dog (Snow, she's a lab). Snow and my dog (Honey, he is a cocker spaniel) would always have play days at my house. I would feed Snow and take her showers because she got along very well with the family, including Honey. I would take…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for one of my dogs to be scared of the others puppies?...

• Is it normal for one of my dogs to be scared of the others puppies?

Is it normal for one of my dogs to be scared of the others puppies? General Dog Discussions
      My neighbors had a dog (Snow, she's a lab). Snow and my dog (Honey, he is a cocker spaniel) would always have play days at my house. I would feed Snow and take her showers because she got along very well with the family, including Honey. I would take care of Snow whenever my neighbors went on Vacation or a long trip. One day my neighbors decided to go on a road trip and I offered to take care of Snow. My neighbors had told me that they would be out for about a week. Two weeks had passed when I called my neighbors and they said that they moved out of state. Instead of taking Snow to the pound, I decided to keep her. A while had passed and I noticed Snow getting bigger and having some discharge. I took her to the vet and she came out to be pregnant. Three weeks have now passed, after the puppies were born, and they seem very healthy. The only thing that worries me is Honey. Honey seems to be terrified of the puppies. He can't see them without running out of the room and hiding under my bed. At first I thought it was because Snow was being protective, but thats not the case. She is very care free. I take a puppy in the room with Snow and Honey, to try and introduce Honey to them and Snow just goes to a corner and sleeps, she even snores :P I don't know what is wrong with Hone. I asked our vet and he said that he just needs some adjusting and would be fine in about a week and a half, but that was 3 weeks ago.Is this normal for Honey to act this way?

Is it normal for one of my dogs to be scared of the others puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • he is just like adapting to the new pups give him time. i have a 2 dogs one got pregnant and the other one got scared too but the pups are 1 year old now and my other dog plays with the pups