What kind of shots does my puppy need?

We will be going in for her first shots Monday. What shots does my baby need? Even though the vet will explain, I just wanted to make sure and know what to expect. Thank you.Thank you so much. You both gave excellent answers, they were very informative!

We will be going in for her first shots Monday. What shots does my baby need? Even though the vet will explain, I just wanted to make sure and know what to expect. Thank you.Thank you so much. You both gave excellent answers, they were very informative!...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of shots does my puppy need?...

• What kind of shots does my puppy need?

What kind of shots does my puppy need? General Dog Discussions
      We will be going in for her first shots Monday. What shots does my baby need? Even though the vet will explain, I just wanted to make sure and know what to expect. Thank you.Thank you so much. You both gave excellent answers, they were very informative!

What kind of shots does my puppy need? General Dog Discussions
    • It depends on where you live. Different shots are necessary in different areas. At a minimum, she will the distemper, hepatitis, parvo and parainfluenza vaccine (DHPP). In some places leptospirosis is included in this shot (DHLPP). She will need a minimum of three boosters of this shot as a puppy, spaced a few weeks apart. At age 16 weeks she will need to get the rabies by vaccine by law.In some places, the lyme vaccine is also given. Bordatella (kennel cough) is also given if you plan to board her or do doggy day care and some training classes require it.A heartworm test and heartworm preventative is also needed in most places.This is why it's best to talk to your vet.

• Her first set of shots and the vet visit should include:Distemper VaccineThis is to vaccinate against a number of illnesses the biggest being the Parvo Virus. This is a virus that is often fatal to a puppy if it is not caught in time or goes untreated. Symptoms include: Lethargy, loss of appetite, and bloody diarrhea. Nasal BordetellaBordetella is administered to protect against kennel cough. Later, this vaccine will be injected under the skin. While puppies, it will be dripped into their nasal passages. They will also De-worm your puppy and the Dr. will give your pup an exam. Thats it:)