Where can I work/volunteer with puppies an dogs?

So I was channel surfing today and I saw this show on animal planet about rescuing some dogs and nursing them back to health.I love animals,especially dogs,and since I have had a lot of time on my hands lately I think it'd be fun if I could volunteer or…

So I was channel surfing today and I saw this show on animal planet about rescuing some dogs and nursing them back to health.I love animals,especially dogs,and since I have had a lot of time on my hands lately I think it'd be fun if I could volunteer or…...
    General Dog Discussions : Where can I work/volunteer with puppies an dogs?...

• Where can I work/volunteer with puppies an dogs?

Where can I work/volunteer with puppies an dogs? General Dog Discussions
      So I was channel surfing today and I saw this show on animal planet about rescuing some dogs and nursing them back to health.I love animals,especially dogs,and since I have had a lot of time on my hands lately I think it'd be fun if I could volunteer or work somewhere with animals.However, unfortunately where I live you have to be 16 at most shelters /rescues and I'm 15.So is there any foundation or anything that you would know of that I could work closely with dogs & puppies?thanks!

Where can I work/volunteer with puppies an dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • The best thing to do is ask your local shelter if they know of any private shelters. They can always use the help and aren't bound by the same regulations. You can also try the local chapter of the kennel club for ideas.

• I doubt if a vet would take on a girl as young as you are, but you should be able to volunteer at a shelter and when old enough get an actual job there. Go talk to them and see what they tell you.The problem is the insurance, but if you volunteer and carry your own liability insurance that might make a difference.Asking here isn't going to get you a correct answer..call the shelters.