My puppy had a second round of deworming 3 days ago and now has worms crawling from his bum?

I don't know what kind of worms they are, he was seen by the vet March 20th and his previous owner got a bottle of dewormer (Strongid T) and had a dose on that date. He'd pooped a few worms a few days later. He got his second dose 3 days ago and as he…

My puppy had a second round of deworming 3 days ago and now has worms crawling from his bum?

I don't know what kind of worms they are, he was seen by the vet March 20th and his previous owner got a bottle of dewormer (Strongid T) and had a dose on that date. He'd pooped a few worms a few days later. He got his second dose 3 days ago and as he…...
    General Dog Discussions : My puppy had a second round of deworming 3 days ago and now has worms crawling from his bum?...

• My puppy had a second round of deworming 3 days ago and now has worms crawling from his bum?

My puppy had a second round of deworming 3 days ago and now has worms crawling from his bum? General Dog Discussions
      I don't know what kind of worms they are, he was seen by the vet March 20th and his previous owner got a bottle of dewormer (Strongid T) and had a dose on that date. He'd pooped a few worms a few days later. He got his second dose 3 days ago and as he was peeing, I noticed a long whitish worm crawling out of his butt. Is the dewormer not working?

My puppy had a second round of deworming 3 days ago and now has worms crawling from his bum? General Dog Discussions
    • The strongid that the previous owner had given the puppy is effective on hookworms and roundworms - common for puppies. I am glad that you saw some worms come out - that was the result you want. For the long whitish worm crawling out - was it flat? If flat it might have been a tapeworm which the strongid will not kill. The tapeworm itself is actually very long and segmented and the owners usually see only the segments (size of a rice grain). You will probably want to check for your vet on this - a different medication is needed. The tapeworm is also caused by him swallowing a infected flea so make sure you have him on a flea preventative.