Both of my dogs are on revolution, the puppy is 7 months old and is having problems with her paws and nails?

her paws are raw and her nails on the top look bloody. I took her to the vet she said it was allergies, but never told me how to handle it.

Both of my dogs are on revolution, the puppy is 7 months old and is having problems with her paws and nails?

her paws are raw and her nails on the top look bloody. I took her to the vet she said it was allergies, but never told me how to handle it....
    General Dog Discussions : Both of my dogs are on revolution, the puppy is 7 months old and is having problems with her paws and nails?...

• Both of my dogs are on revolution, the puppy is 7 months old and is having problems with her paws and nails?

Both of my dogs are on revolution, the puppy is 7 months old and is having problems with her paws and nails? General Dog Discussions
      her paws are raw and her nails on the top look bloody. I took her to the vet she said it was allergies, but never told me how to handle it.

Both of my dogs are on revolution, the puppy is 7 months old and is having problems with her paws and nails? General Dog Discussions
    • You can't treat the allergy until you know what she is allergic to. Is it seasonal allergies? Some owners put their dogs on daily Zyrtec during allergy season as a preventative. Do NOT, however, give your dog any over the counter medicine until you have a vet evaluate her.If your vet didn't offer any treatment options, then go to another vet. My Goldens have a history of allergies and hot spots and my vet and I always talk about how to handle it. Many vets will prescribe a short course of Prednisone to give the dog some itch relief. If there is a chance that the wound is infected, my vet gives my dog a short course of antibiotics.I hate to bad-mouth a vet, but it doesn't sound like your vet has the best interest of your dog in mind if he did not offer at least these fairly routine ideas. Go to another vet.