Air bubble on right hip of puppy?

I have a 4 month old German shepherd and a 4 year old.They were outside playing and when they came in, I noticed the 4 month had a built up mass under the skin on her right hip. The area looks bruised but she does not show any signs of discomfort.Any…

I have a 4 month old German shepherd and a 4 year old.They were outside playing and when they came in, I noticed the 4 month had a built up mass under the skin on her right hip. The area looks bruised but she does not show any signs of discomfort.Any…...
    General Dog Discussions : Air bubble on right hip of puppy?...

• Air bubble on right hip of puppy?

Air bubble on right hip of puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 4 month old German shepherd and a 4 year old.They were outside playing and when they came in, I noticed the 4 month had a built up mass under the skin on her right hip. The area looks bruised but she does not show any signs of discomfort.Any suggestions on what this could be?We have an appointment with the vet in a couple weeks so hoping it can wait till her scheduled appointment.

Air bubble on right hip of puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • If she doesn't show any signs of pain, it could just be a bruise. Probably got it while playing outside. But it's a good thing you have an appointment scheduled for a vet. Until then, be careful the wound doesn't get worse. SO just keep an eye on her. Good luck, hope all is well! :)

• I´m no dog expert ... in human medicine "air bubbles" (latin word is "emphysem") located in the arm pit, on the eyelids or the scrotum can be a hint to a lung-traumata (pneumothorax) or any other kind of injure. The location is an indicator for its severeness, also signs of unefficient breathing (frequency & the equal ups and downs of the thoracal movements in a side comparison, the equality of sound while in- and exhalation) or signs of inflammation (rubor, tumor, calor, dolor, rise of pulse, rise of temperature, rise of thirst etc.). Some bacteria can cause "air bubbles" too ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostridium_perfringens