How do you fix a dogs broken arm at midnight?

My dog got a broken arm. I know i can take him to a vet but i dont have the money yo fix it. i love my dog but if i cant do anything is it worth putting him to sleep or risking myself in debtis there anything i can do while theres still time to take him…

How do you fix a dogs broken arm at midnight?

My dog got a broken arm. I know i can take him to a vet but i dont have the money yo fix it. i love my dog but if i cant do anything is it worth putting him to sleep or risking myself in debtis there anything i can do while theres still time to take him…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you fix a dogs broken arm at midnight?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ok dont listen to all these people that are telling you that you are a bad pet owner. financial troubles happen and sometimes are unavoidable. one option for the money is care credit. it is like a credit card for special services like vet care and is usually offered with the first 6 months interest free. just call your vet and ask if they accept it (most do) as they need a special machine to run the payment. you can go to carecredit.com to see if you are approved. unfortunatlely most vets do not do payment arrangements as they have been burned in the past and just cant afford to take the chance. i have worked for several vets and none of them have offered payment arrangements. there really isnt anything you can do at home and there are no safe over the counter human meds to administer to him. the ER vet will likely accept care credit as well so try them tonight

• Put yourself in debt! You took on the dog knowing that he could need emergency care, it's your responsibility to take care of him.Would you sit on the couch and try to fix your arm yourself because you couldnt afford to go to the hospital?Leaving a dog with a broken limb (or any serious injury/ailment) is criminal animal abuse. If you really can't afford it, surrender him to rescue so that he can get the veterinary care he needs. CareCredit1-800-365-8295 You can do this now and be approved in minutes. This way you can get the pup the vet care it most definetly needs.

• Borrow the money from someone if you must. Really, think abour your question. What would you think of me if I was telling you my dog had a broken leg that I couldnt afford to get fixed? I paid $400 for my dog and the NEXT day my friends dog pounced on her and she broke her leg. I was at the emergency vets office that night and $350.00 later, she had a cast on her leg. I used my bill money for the unexpected expense. You gotta do what you gotta do. Do not let it go, you will get arrested for it. If you take it to the local animal shelter they will take it from you and give it the necessary treatment and put it up for adoption. There should be an emergency hospital in your area and you should have already been there. The last thing I would be doing is asking for advice on the computer, you shouldve been looking in the phone book or calling relatives.

• Hi. At this point, immobilize the leg. This should be just tight enough to do the job, and loose enough to allow for swelling. I would also try to get some ice on the leg, to help minimize swelling. You didn't say if your dog had any cuts, or if there is any bone protuding thru the skin. Cuts should be cleaned, but do not try to straighten any breaks at this time. Stay with him thru the night to make sure he doesn't move around, and to comfort him. See Vet first thing in the morning. Your dog is counting on you taking care of him. He's been your loyal companion from day 1. Good Luck.

• sorry, but only a vet can fix this.. you cannot do it yourself, you may cause him more harm, or risk the bone growing back improperly, which can cause him long-term problems.The vet will most likely have to do an x-ray to verify that it is broken, set it, and put the leg in some kind of cast or brace.

• Crate the dog, so he won't hurt himself worse. Wait until morning, and see the vet. Tell him you want a cast not a pin if the skin wasn't broken from the initial injury.